Thursday, March 10, 2011

Familiar Song

I love music. I always have.

Everyone has habits when it comes to music, and this is one of mine. I will find a song that I like and then download every single song by that artist that I can get my hands on whether I know it or not. I put everything on my iPod, but for a while I only listen to the one song that I already knew. I don't know why, but that is just how I do things. Sometimes, though, I will put my iPod on shuffle and just let it go. That is how I came across "Familiar Song" by Isa.

My love affair with Isa's music began with the raw recording of her song "Rend the Heavens." One listen to that song and I bought the entire album without ever having heard any of her other music. I have listened to a few other tracks from that record, but I never listened to "Familiar Song" until tonight. I was in my car on the way back from a sorority event and this song caught me completely off guard. The lyrics describe my heart's condition right now so perfectly that I cannot seem to hear them enough. All the feelings I could not seem to put into words, this song details beautifully.

Below are the lyrics to "Familiar Song" by Isa. It is a short little song at only a bit over two minutes, but well worth the listen.

"In the night as I lie awake and tears flow down my face, I think of you - I dream of you. Of how I long - how I long to see your face. I seek you, Lord. I have need of you. Nothing to give - what else can I do? I so thirst, thirst for you. My heart yearns for you, my love. My love."

I cannot find a link to this song anywhere on the internet. My only advice is to go to iTunes RIGHT NOW and buy it. You won't regret it.

"God, you are my God. I search for you. I thirst for you like someone in a dry, empty land where there is no water" -Psalm 63:1

No comments:

Post a Comment